“MODO x VFF – Art Van Contest | Your Eye, Your World” as “the Contest”
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to individuals who are residents of Vancouver Island, and are of the age of majority or older in the Province of British Columbia, excluding: (i) employees, and directors of the Contest sponsors: Modo Co-operative and Victoria Film Festival (the “Released Parties”); and (ii) any family members of such employees, and directors with whom they reside.
2. HOW TO ENTER: By entering the Contest through the application form, all entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Contest Rules. All decisions of Modo Co-operative with respect to this Contest are final and binding without any right of appeal.
Entry: Entrants may enter the Contest between 12:00 PST on January 17, 2022, and 23:45 PST on January 31, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). There is one way to enter the Contest:
Entry Limit: There is a limit of one entry per individual. Additional entries received from any individual beyond the first entry received from that individual will be void. Entries generated by automated means or which, in the opinion of Modo Co-operative, are intended to subvert the entry process (including without limitation creating multiple accounts for the purpose of entering the Contest more than permitted under these Contest Rules), will be void.
3. PRIZES: The following one (1) prize package is available to be won in the Contest:
– A wrapping of the artwork displayed on one (1) Modo van,
– A sum of $500 honorarium
– A free Modo Business membership & $150 Modo driving credit.
The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the acceptance and use of any awarded prize. No substitutions or cash redemptions of any prize are permitted, except by Modo Co-operative which may at its sole discretion substitute the prizes for a prize of comparable or greater value. Modo Co-operative shall not be required to award more prizes than the number of available prizes as set out in these Contest Rules.
4. SELECTION & NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S): Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant fulfilling all the requirements of the Contest Rules. A selection committee, composed of four (4) Victoria Film Festival team members and four (4) Modo team members will choose five (5) finalists on February 1, 2022, before opening the voting to the public on February 4, 2022. The potential winner will be notified by direct message sent to the email address used to enter the contest. If for any reason, after three (3) attempts it is not possible within a one (1) week period to contact a selected entrant(s), Modo Co-operative and Victoria Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify that potential entrant(s) and select another entrant(s) for the corresponding prize. If for any reason, any prize is not awarded within three (3) months of the Draw Date, at its discretion, Modo Co-operative and Victoria Film Festival may decide not to award the prize(s).
5. VERIFICATION OF THE SELECTED ENTRANT(S): A selected entrant whose entry is drawn is not considered a winner of any prize unless and until: the selected entrant’s eligibility has been verified by Modo Co-operative, and the selected entrant executes and returns a Release & Waiver in the form provided by Modo Co-operative or Victoria Film Festival within ten (10) days of the date it is sent by Modo Co-Operative or Victoria Film Festival to the selected entrant. Non-compliance with the foregoing or with any of these Contest Rules will, at Modo Co-operative’s discretion, result in disqualification of the selected entrant and, at Modo Co-operative’s sole option, an alternate entrant being selected. Modo Co-operative and Victoria Film Festival are not required to inquire into whether the information provided by an entrant(s) on their entry is correct. At its discretion, Modo Co-operative may waive the requirement for any entrant to provide any or all of the requested personal information, and may declare any such entry or an entry containing incorrect information to be an eligible entry.
8. GENERAL: The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Any and all disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually and exclusively by the Courts of the Province of British Columbia, and the Contest and these Contest Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia. At its sole discretion, Modo Co-operative reserves the right to modify these Contest Rules and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest without notice.