What’s what on the Transit Referendum
Modo’s board absolutely supports a “Yes” vote on the upcoming Metro Vancouver Transit Referendum.
We know that critical improvements in transportation infrastructure are needed to support the pressures of a growing population, with a wide range of benefits that will last well into the future.
The majority of our members depend on public transit every day, and the future of our co-op depends on more people in our region being able to do the same. If the investment isn’t made now, any gains we’ve made in reducing road congestion will be lost. And fewer of us will be able to rely on transit and carsharing for our transportation needs.
We have before us a significant opportunity to influence the region’s future, and we encourage you to get educated about the transportation investments, upgrades and services a YES vote will bring. Below, we’ve compiled a list of videos, articles and resources for your reference – check it out!
– Charlotte Argue, Modo Board of Directors
If you have a link you want to share, please tweet us at @modo_carcoop!
- CTV News: Mayors say transit plan would save families hundreds each year
- Georgia Straight: When and how to listen to Vancouver mayors answer questions about the transit referendum
- Vancouver Sun: Raising millennials’ awareness of transit referendum best left to the experts – their peers
- Stephen Hume: If the No side prevails in transit referendum, then what?
- Stephen Hume: Facts don’t support anti-TransLink ranters
- Vancouver Is Awesome: 5 Reasons To Vote Yes in the Transit Referendum
- Peter Ladner: Attention, transit-bashers: TransLink is not on referendum ballot
- Rabble.ca: Why we’re voting YES to new transit and transportation funding in Vancouver
- The Ubyssey: AMS hopes to see students vote yes in the Vancouver transit referendum
- CBC News: Metro Vancouver Transit Referendum: lessons learned from Denver
- BC Business: If the No side wins, it’ll cost Vancouver billions
- Clean Energy Canada: Transportation and Human Connections Grease The Wheels of Metro Vancouver’s Economy
- Modacity: Our Story. Our Future.
- @thissucksyvr: “This Sucks, Vancouver!”
- Better Transit & Transportation (website)