Tips from the Co-operators: Headed on holidays?
Our partners at The Co-operators are experts when it comes to insurance. Our new Tips from The Co-operators series will explain insurance topics and provide safety advice for Modo members on the road, travelling and at home. This month, they’re offering some advice for the holiday season.
The Co-operators also offer exclusive perks for Modo members: Get 10% off your travel insurance, plus exclusive coverages and a Member Benefits discount on your home insurance.
Keep your home safe when you’re away
During the summer months, many of us enjoy vacationing with family and friends. Take precautions when you’re away from your home to keep your property safe.
Give it that lived-in look
Unoccupied dwellings are especially attractive to thieves and vandals. Take the following steps to give your home the “lived-in” look:
- Keep curtains and drapes slightly open, and put your lights on timers.
- Have your mail collected at least every two to three days and temporarily cancel the delivery of your newspaper.
- Have someone cut your lawn.
Some other tips include:
- Turn off your air conditioning.
- Shut off the water supply if it won’t be in use while you’re away.
- Have someone visit your home every few days to check on things.
These simple steps can help you relax, enjoy your vacation and come home to a safe property.
For more helpful tips, visit our website or get in touch with a local advisor.
Wishing you a safe and happy summer!