On the Road: Push the button
Modo’s Fleet Service Manager Farrell works with our vehicles every day to ensure they’re in tip-top shape for our members. Check our blog and newsletter for our “On the road” stories and helpful insider tips!
Push Button Ignition
We have several cars in our fleet that have a push button ignition and don’t use keys.
To start these vehicles, follow these three simple steps:
- Put the gear-shift into P (Park) position.
- Apply the foot brake firmly before pressing the start button.
- Press the START button firmly to start the vehicle
- Important: Hybrids are silent, so don’t be surprised when you start the car (and don’t forget to switch it off!)
How to switch it off:
- Stop the vehicle and place the gear-shift in P (Park) position
- Apply the foot brake firmly and press the Start button again.
- The vehicle will shut down and you can leave the vehicle after fobbing out.
How to use the Accessory Mode:
It is possible to power up the radio, lights and accessories without running the main engine of the car.
To do this press the START button without depressing the foot brake pedal.*
*Warning: Extended operation in the accessory mode will deplete the 12V battery!