PRO TIP: Before you begin, you’ve got to fob in
So, you’ve packed your bag, booked a Modo, and you’re ready to go. Now to access the car.
Simple as it seems, members new to Modo may find it can take a few swipes before fobbing in feels natural. So let’s review…
How to Fob In:
Find the small access box under the windshield, just above the steering wheel; this is where the sensor is located. The Modo fob doesn’t need to physically touch the sensor so just hover it over the box for a second or two until you hear the doors unlock.
3 Signs of a Successful Fob In:
- The yellow light on the windshield sensor flashes red
- A soft “beep” sounds when your fob activates the sensor
- The doors unlock.
7 Reasons the Doors Are Locked Even After You’ve Swiped Your Fob:
- You’re early (what a great excuse to stop and smell the flowers)
- You’re at the wrong car (it happens more than you think)
- You didn’t hit “Ok” to confirm your booking via smart phone (also common)
- You accidentally swiped your fob twice (just wait til the lights stop blinking and swipe your fob again)
- The previous member manually locked the doors before fobbing out (lesson: NEVER use the manual door locks)
- You are sharing the booking with another member who forgot to add you to the booking under the Driver Permissions tab on the booking screen (they can do this online or by calling our Member Loyalty Team)
- The local cell tower is down (if you call us, we can grant access remotely)
At the end of your booking, you’ve got to complete the circle and fob out. Follow the same steps when you fobbed in and listen for the doors to lock after the soft beep. Give the door handle a pull just to make sure.
Remember, you can always call us if you need help accessing a vehicle. Call our Member Loyalty Team anytime, day or night, 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 604.685.1393 for Vancouver, and 250.995.0265 in Victoria.
Top photo courtesy Yasuhiko Ogushi.