You’re invited to the 2nd annual Modo Community Fair
It’s countdown time for our big annual event, the Modo Spring Run-Off 8k (a.k.a. the #Modo8k), and we’re psyched! On March 22, an estimated 1,200 runners are expected to hit the Stanley Park Seawall that morning, followed by the annual Modo Community Fair to celebrate this healthy, connected city we know and love.
After the race, runners will find snacks and beverages provided by Canada Running Series outside the Stanley Park Pavilion, while inside the Pavilion they’ll find cool live demos, interactive displays and useful resources at the Community Fair. As well, students from Take a Hike (Modo’s charity partner in the race) will be selling tickets for breakfast wraps from Stanley’s Bar & Grill, with proceeds going toward their next wilderness excursion.
Many of our friends will be returning from last year’s Community Fair, along with some new faces:
- Bring your bike maintenance questions and watch demos by HUB
- Maker Mobile inventors share their DIY toys through hands-on activities
- Pop-Up City Hall with City of Vancouver staff answering questions about the transit referendum, composting and anything else residents want to know about
- Chat produce and local food with the experts from Vancouver Farmers Markets
- Learn how to share your outdoor gear using a new sharing platform called Share Shed
- Dive deep into Stanley Park’s natural beauty and wildlife with the Stanley Park Ecology Society
- Join the HitchPlanet ridesharing community
- First Nations carver David Robinson shows off the work he’s doing with the Take a Hike students with a live canoe carving demonstration
- The popular #Modo8k Photo Booth
- And of course, Modo will be offering chances to win free driving!
We’ll be set up all morning, so whether you’re running the course or waiting for loved ones to cross the finish line, drop in and warm up at the Modo Community Fair to see what your city has to offer!
Modo Promo: New members get a free 1-month trial membership plus 5 hours of free driving! Stop by our table and ask our member-volunteers for details.