Hit the Slopes with Modo
Are we being boastful when we say we live in a skier’s paradise?
We can see Cypress, Grouse and (on a good day) Seymour from our downtown offices, and Whistler and Baker are less than a couple hours by car. Some might say we’re spoiled for choice; we say swish-swish!
Whether you’ve been planning for weeks or only just decided right this very minute to head to the mountains, here are some tips and tools – from booking your vehicle to finding the powder – to help make this your Best. Winter. Ever.
Pro-Tips on Booking Your Modo
- Filter your booking search to find vehicles with snow tires, a little extra room for all that gear, or even AUX audio input (time to prep those pre- and post-mountain playlists!)
- Book extra time at the end of your trip so you’re not rushing to beat the clock.
- Don’t forget: gas is on us!
Digital Tools to Help You Get There
- Our pals at HitchPlanet help skiers find their tribe and share rides along the way. Offer a ride or grab your own.
- Worried about traffic? Download Waze, the crowdsourced traffic app that finds you the best route with the least delay.
- PlugShare is an EV locator app and good to have on hand if you’re driving the electric highway.
- If you’re old school, Google Maps is an oldie and a goodie.
Saving Money and Having Fun
- Drive free: Pick up an Annual Pass or any Snow Pass for Grouse Mountain and we’ll give you $30 in free driving!
- Liftopia is an awesome site that offers discounts on lift tickets throughout BC.
- Get the latest snow reports from OnTheSnow’s newest app called Ski & Snow Report.
- For the road (and the chalet), Rdio and Songza are two music streaming apps with curated playlists to pump you up, or chill things out apres-ski.
- Share pics via Instagram and tag #LetsModo to add them to our road trip archive!
Maybe the most important tip is to keep Modo on speed dial because, like we always say:
Have a problem? Call Modo!